My Racehorse Entries/Results

Flanders

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:30 pm

I don't think it matters what they tell people to do or not to do. People feel entitled to everything now a days. This is a strange comparison but look how many tourists get attacked by bison in Yellowstone every year. They are told don't go near them, there are signs that say, don't go near them. Other tourists can scream at them to not go near the bison. But they don't care, they go anyway and they get attacked.
Honor Code

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:35 pm

I know, I know. I'm late. But hey, I don't work for MRH so it's not like people count on me, right?

Results:
Guinevere finished 10th
Kanthari finished 4th and had claim voided
Seize the Grey finished 7th in Belmont Stakes(G1) at Saratoga on 6/8

Entries (with partial results)
Cumberland Falls finished 2nd in claiming at Churchill Downs on 6/14 and was claimed.
Pioneer Prince finished 6th in claiming at Santa Anita on 6/16
Rosie's Alibi entered in allowance at Penn National on 6/18

New horses:
Vekoma x Rylee's Song is now sold out.
Improbable x Lahaina Luck
Bolt d'oro x Final Reward

Sweet as Sin gelded.

Seize the Grey finished as expected. Surprisingly, his owners are taking it better than I thought. That being said, he apparently finished the race with some minor cuts...and Lukas still wants to push him to all of the big summer races, California Crown included. However, the radio silence after the Belmont on Seize the Grey tells me a few things. One, that MRH management is likely reining in Lukas a bit, and two that all of those potentially lucrative stud deals are likely making themselves known. Whatever options MRH chooses for the stud deal, I hope it will be similar to the one for Authentic-I would love to call myself a stallion owner for however long(or short) that lasts.

Also as predicted, Seize the Grey's Preakness win has really brought out the general public to racehorse ownership both for better and for worse. At some point in the future, MRH is going to have to find a way to make sure owners don't bother the horses and trainers/training barns. Unfortunately, MRH only mentions in passing that all contact with the horse(s) purchased must be through them. And I doubt most of the owners new or old see it in the disclosures. And then of course, you have entitlement issues...a number of Seize the Grey owners who are also licensed racehorse owners elsewhere kept trying to get in to see Seize the Grey before the Preakness. MRH had to put a stop to that. Never underestimate entitlement in all walks of life.

On the positive side...microshare racehorse ownership has really made its way to public notice. I saw so many articles and potential MRH copycats after the Preakness. I think this is the future of racehorse ownership. Better to embrace it and work out the public issues sooner rather than later when it becomes too big to manage!
Last edited by Honor Code on Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northport

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:37 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:30 pm The clueless mrh owners appear to another symptom of the lack of education about animal behavior/stewardship that rules our modern education system. Animal husbandry is now rarely taught except at specialty schools, and most people seem to be growing up with ZERO understanding about how animals....cats, dogs, cows, horses...actually behave. Or WHY they behave a certain way.
It's sad. Also dangerous for both animals and humans when the clueless do something stupid around them. :roll:
Ehhhh, I don't know if it is a modern education thing - though there definitely is a public education crisis in general. There are certainly more people growing up vastly separated from farming and agricultural life, but a lot of the crazies I see in these contexts (at least on social media) are not young people, or people who have been in school in a very long time.
weeeeeeeee
CoronadosQuest

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:41 pm

Missbeholder wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:23 pm I'm not involved with MRH and don't intend to be, but reading some of these stories about the behavior of some of these people just leaves me shaking my head! Does MRH not have some sort of "orientation" for new investors set up where protocols of behavior are set and explained so that newbies understand what is acceptable and what isn't?

These lunatics seem to think that because they own an eyelash on a horse, that gives them the right to be in the face of the horse's caretakers......and it doesn't seem that MRH has educated them early on that they simply DON'T have that right!

I'm sure that MRH thoroughly explains all the financial implications involved with investing in a horse with them, but but do they make the same effort to be sure that new people know what is acceptable behavior and what isn't?
No, there is a FAQ on the website but I doubt many people actually read it. When you buy into a horse, you just get a receipt and then you can read updates on the horse if you click 'Updates' that's about it. I think people really think they are actual owners of the horse so they can do whatever they want since they own the horse. I imagine a good chunk of these owners aren't even on FB so they just see the horse page and then no update so think they should just ask the trainer themselves. It also doesn't help that on the Vekoma filly's page, there was a video from Jena talking about said filly and Jena said if you had any questions to reach out... they probably really thought she meant just contact her.
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:03 pm

Missbeholder wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:23 pm I'm not involved with MRH and don't intend to be, but reading some of these stories about the behavior of some of these people just leaves me shaking my head! Does MRH not have some sort of "orientation" for new investors set up where protocols of behavior are set and explained so that newbies understand what is acceptable and what isn't?

These lunatics seem to think that because they own an eyelash on a horse, that gives them the right to be in the face of the horse's caretakers......and it doesn't seem that MRH has educated them early on that they simply DON'T have that right!

I'm sure that MRH thoroughly explains all the financial implications involved with investing in a horse with them, but but do they make the same effort to be sure that new people know what is acceptable behavior and what isn't?
They literally explain their rules quite clearly before you finish purchasing the offering. They've always had the rules no contacting trainers and jockeys directly and no arranging to visit the horses unless it's organized by mrh
Missbeholder

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:38 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:03 pm

They literally explain their rules quite clearly before you finish purchasing the offering. They've always had the rules no contacting trainers and jockeys directly and no arranging to visit the horses unless it's organized by mrh
Thanks TapitsGal. I'm certainly glad that they do try to educate their new investors on the "rules of engagement". Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working well, at least with a few dim-witted individuals. Do they have any recourse in place to deal with people who insist on breaking the rules? I would think that might be dicey just because there IS a monetary investment involved, and people can't be just "booted" off the program because they are unable to follow protocols.

I said before that I'm not involved with MRH. I have no problem with anybody who is......I've just never been remotely interested enough to take the plunge. It's just fascinating to me that there's so many participants that are breaking rules, or are pissed off because a horse is put in a claiming race, sold, retired, or sent to a trainer they don't like. Those people can't really be enjoying their experience, and isn't that what the whole My Race Horse thing is supposed to be about?
TapitsGal

Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Someone on the seize the Grey owners group is going to be in Kentucky soon and asked about seeing him. They were correctly told no because mrh Doesn't allow it unless mrh organized the meet up. Of course a few people are chiming in and saying "oh yeah we've been to lukas barn to see him. Lukas didn't seem to mind". With one person saying he "sees Grey all the time". Again just because you do it doesn't mean mrh allows it and they've been pretty transparent asking people not to visit the barns on their own
Missbeholder

Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:18 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:58 pm Someone on the seize the Grey owners group is going to be in Kentucky soon and asked about seeing him. They were correctly told no because mrh Doesn't allow it unless mrh organized the meet up. Of course a few people are chiming in and saying "oh yeah we've been to lukas barn to see him. Lukas didn't seem to mind". With one person saying he "sees Grey all the time". Again just because you do it doesn't mean mrh allows it and they've been pretty transparent asking people not to visit the barns on their own
Question: I've been under the impression that the vast majority of MRH micro-investors do NOT have an owner's license which gives access to the backstretch areas. If that's the case, how are these people getting into the stable area to interfere with barn operations without MRH sponsorship? Either my impression is wrong and licensing among MRH investors is more prevalent than I thought, or there's a troubling lack of security at the stable gates.
TapitsGal

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:27 pm

Missbeholder wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:18 pm
TapitsGal wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:58 pm Someone on the seize the Grey owners group is going to be in Kentucky soon and asked about seeing him. They were correctly told no because mrh Doesn't allow it unless mrh organized the meet up. Of course a few people are chiming in and saying "oh yeah we've been to lukas barn to see him. Lukas didn't seem to mind". With one person saying he "sees Grey all the time". Again just because you do it doesn't mean mrh allows it and they've been pretty transparent asking people not to visit the barns on their own
Question: I've been under the impression that the vast majority of MRH micro-investors do NOT have an owner's license which gives access to the backstretch areas. If that's the case, how are these people getting into the stable area to interfere with barn operations without MRH sponsorship? Either my impression is wrong and licensing among MRH investors is more prevalent than I thought, or there's a troubling lack of security at the stable gates.
Some people do have owners licenses outside of mrh or previously worked in the industry and have connections and that's how they get around it. One of the people in the Chasing Time group worked as an assistant trainer for years. She spent about a year visiting Steve asmussen's barn and would post videos and pics of the mrh horses that Steve trained. Occasionally mrh would include her content in official updates on the horses. At some point within the past year she ended up getting a job with Steve asmussen's oaklawn barn.

So yeah people will use their connections or owners licenses outside of mrh to gain access.
Missbeholder

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:43 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:27 pm
Missbeholder wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:18 pm
Some people do have owners licenses outside of mrh or previously worked in the industry and have connections and that's how they get around it. One of the people in the Chasing Time group worked as an assistant trainer for years. She spent about a year visiting Steve asmussen's barn and would post videos and pics of the mrh horses that Steve trained. Occasionally mrh would include her content in official updates on the horses. At some point within the past year she ended up getting a job with Steve asmussen's oaklawn barn.

So yeah people will use their connections or owners licenses outside of mrh to gain access.
OK Got it. I actually should have thought that out on my own without asking.......it seems a pretty obvious answer. Thanks!
TapitsGal

Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:54 pm

Rosies alibi just won again in open allowance company. Fantastic example of how a smaller barn and running at lower level tracks can be benefit a horse. Mike trombetta has done well with her
TapitsGal

Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:06 pm

MRH stance on people making unauthorized visits to their horses barns is that officially they don't allow it and it's against the rules BUT if people have owners licenses or backside passes and make unauthorized visits anyway then mrh can't stop them from doing it. Their own words are "we can't police our microshare holders actions"
Honor Code

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:02 am

Results:
Cumberland Falls finished 2nd and was claimed.
Pioneer Prince finished 6th
Rosie's Alibi finished 1st

Entries:
None at this time (I will update if there are any)

Freud x Hoopskirt (from NY Bundle) has been named Intellectual.

I will update this post if there are any new entries/news before the weekend.
TapitsGal

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:26 pm

The naming contest is open for the vekoma filly. We have our eight names to vote on. Choices include:

Nakoma
Atalanta's Muse
Youhadmeathello
Xanadu
Rylies Ride
Life of Rylee
Recklessendeavor
Valkarie Ride
TapitsGal

Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:01 pm

Mrh has submitted all the named to the jockey club for pre approval for the vekoma filly. Youhadmeathello and xanadu are not eligible for approval so we can only vote on 6 names going forward.
Squeaky

Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:23 pm

STG had a bullet work at CD
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:49 pm

Squeaky wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:23 pm STG had a bullet work at CD
Still no definite race target. Potential options include the Jim dandy and Haskell. Personally I'd like to see him in the Jim dandy. He loves Saratoga and not as salty a field as the Haskell is shaping up to be
Squeaky

Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:24 pm

TapitsGal wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:26 pm The naming contest is open for the vekoma filly. We have our eight names to vote on. Choices include:

Nakoma
Atalanta's Muse
Youhadmeathello
Xanadu
Rylies Ride
Life of Rylee
Recklessendeavor
Valkarie Ride
I like Life of Rylee or Valkarie Ride
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:48 pm

Lady Blitz may be done. Mrh will talk with the vets about the best path. As someone pointed out..crazy people considered her better than seize the Grey early on